Wednesday, August 02, 2006

If political parties can't manage their own finances...

...Why do we entrust them with the nations?

The Labour Party are £27m in debt. The Tories are reported to be in similar trouble. And these are the parties that have shaped the political landscape of this country over the past 30 years.

Lets think about that for a second. Is it really a surprise that the NHS is struggling? Is it really a surprise that pension funds are are poorly administered? When a political party cannot run its own finances in a prudent and sustainable way, why should we expect them to run the Country in a more efficient manner?

I used to wonder why the Government had sold our interests out to corporations. I used to wonder why they so abused the democratic process, clearly acting against the people who gave them the mandate to govern. In fact the answer is obvious. Money. These parties prostitute themselves to further their own existance. Large corporate donors act as a prosthesis, providing funding for the parties to continue their spendthrift ways without ever having to worry about operating within a budget or balancing the books. Like the spoilt child, The Labour Party and The Conservative Party have never been told no.

To cover for the negligence and lack of care in the administration of Government funds, who will be expected to pay? You and I. We're being asked for more and more and less and less. Every year the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The burdens on the rich fall whilst the general populace have to sacrifice more of their disposable income. Remember the good old days? Before student loans? Before tuition fees? Health care will be next.

I don't mind higher taxes. In fact, when you think of it rationaly, higher taxes are a situation where everyone can be a winner. But we, the people, can only win when the Government acts in our interests. I have no interest in paying more taxes to help Rupert Murdoch or Tesco.

The aim of this blog is to highlight some of the glaring problems in our society. And hopefully to encourage any readers to do something about it.

We have the solution! There are better political parties out there - The SNP, the SSP (although the recent in fighting does them few favours), the Green party and the Liberal Democrats. I'm not a fan of all of these parties, but they are all a step up from the moral bankruptcy of the two main parties.

21 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Go P8ddy

Sock it to them as usual

Good luck

b

Wed Aug 02, 12:03:00 pm 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

Thank you!

:-)

Wed Aug 02, 01:24:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Adam and the Ants................................ FFS p8ddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

That's your street cred right down the tubes mate..................... ;o)))

pablophanque

Wed Aug 02, 04:10:00 pm 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

That's your street cred right down the tubes mate..................... ;o)))

Hey...Adam and the Ants were a class band!!! How dare you sir!! :-)

/p

Wed Aug 02, 05:23:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh..................... !!??

You were being serious..........???? Sorry mate, I assumed you were having a lafff !!................. ;o)))

You'll be saying you like Bannanarama next !!!!!!!!! BTW, if you ever did, I'd never speak to you again.............. Seriously !!!!!!!!! I HATE that "band !!??"

pablophanque

Wed Aug 02, 06:41:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Han Solo said...

WOOHOO!

Fancy new blog P8ddy-

well done my son !

Keep it left.

I hope Tommy Sheridan is innocent.

I really ,really do.

noel.

Wed Aug 02, 07:46:00 pm 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

pablophanque...

You'll be saying you like Bannanarama next !!!!!!!!! BTW, if you ever did, I'd never speak to you again.............. Seriously !!!!!!!!! I HATE that "band !!??"

Not a fan of Bananarama! :-D

The Ants used to be a great band before all the Prince Charming stuff. Kings of the Wild frontier with the burundi style drumming is excellent, and the B-sides were all class. At least, thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :-)

/p

pablophanque

Thu Aug 03, 01:24:00 am 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

noel90...

Fancy new blog P8ddy-

well done my son !


Thank you! It should keep my megalomaniac side in check :-)

Keep it left.

It's the only way...

I hope Tommy Sheridan is innocent.

I really ,really do.


Noel, me likewise. I'm more than sure he is though. This storm has been gathering for a while, it's just a pity that some SSP members have been very keen to jump into bed with the gutter press.

Thankfully, Tommys skills would appear to extend to advocacy! :-)

Fingers crossed.

/p

noel.

Thu Aug 03, 01:28:00 am 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

P8ddy, all due respect must go to MMcl, surely ????????

pablophanque

Thu Aug 03, 01:39:00 am 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

pablophanque...

P8ddy, all due respect must go to MMcl, surely ????????

Now there is an interesting story! In fact, MMcl almost destroyed the Ants. Adam Ant was headstong and ignored McLaren's offers of help with the band. McLaren repaid this independance by paoching members of the band for a new project he was working on called Bow Wow Wow...

It worked out for the best, as Chris Hughes (drummer Merrick) joined and the rest is Burundi history! :-)

Incidentaly, Chris Hughes was also responsible for the production and drumming during Tears for Fears halcyon days - the Mad World era...

/p

Thu Aug 03, 08:33:00 am 2006  
Blogger Han Solo said...

bow wow wow !

Annabella Lwin.........

I've still got that album cover up in the loft...mmmmmmmmm..

:)

noel.

Thu Aug 03, 10:30:00 am 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

noel90...

Annabella Lwin.........

I've still got that album cover up in the loft...mmmmmmmmm..


It's odd that we all kept the cover isn't it! :-)

/p

Thu Aug 03, 01:42:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Han Solo said...

P8ddy-

got this from an american site

Cost of the war in Iraq

Wonder if there is a British version about........

Nice that the cost is in monetary values and not human lives........

supppose it makes it easier to take.......

noel.whoisdisturbedbythepoweroftheamericanbullies.

Thu Aug 03, 09:05:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

P8ddy, I understand the relevance and indeed the need to "bold" on CQN, ie, "in reply to this question/statement, I say this............." but on here ???????? Gies a break big man !!!???

Or do you have some sort of "bold" fetish that you might want to share ???

BTW, the official name for the need to "bold" is called..............temeraruscoactum.................. ;o))

What would we do without Google, I ask ya !!!!!!!!!!

pablophanque

Fri Aug 04, 02:22:00 pm 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

Or do you have some sort of "bold" fetish that you might want to share ???

I think I've just shared it again! :-)

I just find it easier to keep track of what I'm banging on about when I bold. It's a habit...maybe a bad one, but I'm happy.. :-)

Sat Aug 05, 01:10:00 pm 2006  
Blogger setting free the bears said...

P8ddy,

Just dropped in to wish you well with the project and I'll drop in again.

On the issue of political affiliation, my brother was disgusted with me for voting LD at the last two national elections as he feels they're just a middle of the road party. But I could no longer vote for the soulless LP and I find the trots a wee bit immature but necessary, so I voted for the only mainstream party which I felt was honest about the need for taxation.

If I had had the option of a local NHS single issue candidate, they would have received my vote.

keep up the bhold work p8ddy!

Sun Aug 06, 01:09:00 am 2006  
Blogger p8ddy said...

setting free the bears said...

Thanks for the good wishes! :-)

It's a shame that the Lib Dems have watered down their taxation plans, but they're still the best "mainstram" party. And probably the most likely to usurp the other two.

As for the NHS, I couldn't agree with you more. It's a terrible inditement of our society that more money equals better health care.

/p

Sun Aug 06, 07:14:00 pm 2006  
Blogger lovejoysalegend said...

p8ddy

Nice new blog, TS innocent after all, at least another downmarket English rag is out of pocket.

lovejoywhowantstoknowifitsalreettoswearhere :o)

Mon Aug 07, 12:09:00 am 2006  
Blogger lovejoysalegend said...

Im surprised Pablo hasn't mentioned the time setting thing, as he seems to have a fetish with that :o)

Mon Aug 07, 12:11:00 am 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lj, I gave up on that one after getting nowhere with you.............. ;o))))

pablophanque

Mon Aug 07, 12:13:00 pm 2006  
Blogger whitedoghunch said...

just nipped back on cqn after leaving you a message on one of your threads.
Oh the horror to see me bolded.
Thankfully it was about that fella who you can't really go wrong about.
If you need my e-mail I'm sure you will get it.

I'll argue you blue in the face about food.
Or is that blue in the tounge ?
Times change.

Wed Oct 10, 04:21:00 pm 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home